About The Programme
The Diploma in Leadership and Governance is designed to develop public affairs professionals who understand the increasingly complex issues shaping local and national policies, and who have the analytical and managerial skills to apply their knowledge to real world situations.
Objectives of the Course
- Equip students with the latest concepts and practical tools in the field of leadership and governance.
- Instill management skills, development of successful strategies, consider ethical dimensions of strategic choice, improve performance, initiate social innovation and lead organisational change.
- Significantly enhance your practical leadership skills, awareness, impact and overall judgment in different scenarios.
The Diploma Program is divided into two parts:
Principles of Management
Principles of Accounting
Communication and Negotiation Skill
Innovative Public Management
Public Policy and Administrative Governance
Introduction to Governance
Decentralization and Local Government Administration
To be awarded the CILG Diploma, candidates will need to achieve an overall score of 65%, with a score not less than 50% in each of the modules.
The exam is ‘closed book’, which means that printed reference materials and dictionaries cannot be taken into the examination room.
The Diploma in Leadership and Governance is designed to be completed in 18 Months. It could take less time depending on how much transfer credit you receive.
- Successful completion of Senior Secondary certificate of education (Year 12) or equivalent qualification from student’s home country
- Mature aged students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements.
- Must be over the age of 18 years at the commencement of the course
- Original or certified copies of all documents must be submitted with application
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Leadership and Governance program, Students will be eligible to pursue CILG Advanced Diploma or undertake further with our Partner Institution.