- Affiliate Member
The grade of Affiliate is open to anyone who has an interest in leadership and governance but may not have the requirement to apply for one of our higher grades. It also includes students who have enrolled on the Institute’s International Professional Programs. Student-leaders in the various tertiary institutions also qualify for this grade. This grade has no post-nominal attached to it. Affiliate members are also put on the Youth in Leadership program of the institute.
- Graduate Member (GCILG)
First Degree or fresh graduate with one-year service experience.
- Associate Member (ACILG)
-First Degree with 5 years of work experience
-Second Degree with 3 years of experience
– Chartered member of a different professional body with 3 years of work experience
- Full Member (MCILG)
– First Degree with 8 years of work experience
– Second Degree with 5 years of work experience
– Chartered member of a different professional body with 5 years of work experience
- Fellow Member (FCILG)
– Second Degree with 15 years of work experience
– Fellow of a different professional body with 8 years of work experience
- Honorary Fellow (HonFCILG):
Honorary Fellows are likely to be people who have either led the development of thinking and/or practice in the field of Leadership and Governance and/or have made a significant contribution to the development and reputation of the Institute. Honorary Fellows are appointed by the Board on the advice of council to the purely honorific category.
As you progress through your career, acquiring new skills, qualifications and experience, you will become eligible for higher grades of CILG membership. Upgrading membership recognizes the additional skills and experience you have acquired and provides employers evidence of your commitment to your career. If you have achieved higher qualification since you joined CILG, you may be eligible to upgrade your membership.